CLOSING SESSION Never Say Never: Case Studies from Recent Foodborne Illness Outbreaks That Blindsided Us All
The most recent high-profile outbreaks have each involved large amounts of food produced over long periods of time which had become intermittently contaminated with harmful pathogens. In each instance, the companies involved had sophisticated environmental monitoring programs that failed to catch the prolonged contamination. These outbreaks have tested our assumptions and highlight emerging and unforeseen dangers in environmental control.
- Learn about the circumstances and causes of recent high-profile foodborne illness outbreaks.
- Learn about the civil and regulatory consequences from those recent high-profile outbreaks.
- Learn how to refine your environmental monitoring programs to prevent it from happing to you.
MODERATOR: Will Daniels, Principal, Fresh Integrity Group, LLC
- Shawn Stevens, National Food Industry Lawyer, Food Industry Counsel, LLC
- Art Liang MD, MPH, Senior Advisor for Food Safety, CDC
- William Marler, Managing Partner, Marler Clark, The Food Safety Law Firm