The Latest in Listeria Control
This workshop is designed so participants learn control strategies for Listeria and ultimately prevent future outbreaks. Hear experts share their insights on sanitation, equipment design, sampling, investigations, and real case studies and participate in an aseptic sampling demonstration. This workshop will offer the opportunity for attendees to view a demo and then take an antiseptic sample. These learnings can be applied across all sectors of the food industry.
- The Manufacturer perspective: Manufacturers of ready-to-eat products know the challenge of controlling Listeria monocytogenes in order to produce safe, wholesome and nutritious products. Food safety is not a competitive advantage, so we collaborate and share strategies to prevent future outbreaks.
- The Retailer perspective: This is an industry wide concern. It affects all food categories from produce to meat to dairy and everything in between. It is a top priority for retailers.
- Sharon Birkett, VP, North American Quality and Food Protection, OSI Group, LLC
- Gillian Kelleher, VP, Food Safety & QA, Wegmans Food Markets
- Doug Craven, Corporate Manager of Sanitation, Hormel Foods
- Joe Stout, Founder, Commercial Food Sanitation
- Ozgur Koc, Sr. Director of Supply Chain Food Safety, Quality and Research, Crunch Pak
- Art Liang, MD, MPH, Senior Advisor for Food Safety, CDC
- Steve Tsuyuki, Senior Director, Corporate Sanitation and Sanitary Design, Maple Leaf Foods
- Matt Henderson, Director of Food Safety, Land O'Frost