Federal Menu Labeling Requirements and Claims
In May of 2017 the FDA will begin enforcing the menu labeling laws. In anticipation, many restaurants have been working with nutrition experts to ensure their locations comply before the deadline. However, there is uncertainty about the impact of these laws on the foodservice industry and how they will be enforced. This session, hosted by two seasoned industry professionals, will discuss the National Restaurant Association’s perspective on the impact the new laws will have in the foodservice segment and their suppliers along with the FDA’s outlook on how the regulations will be enforced and by whom.
- Overview of the restaurant industry and how its evolving to respond to consumer demand and regulatory changes.
- How restaurant is working to educate restaurant industry and suppliers.
- How the FDA will enforce the new labeling laws including who, federal or state inspectors, will do the oversight inspections and how these inspectors will be trained.
- Jorge Hernandez, Chief Food Safety Officer, Wholesome International, Choolaah Indian BBQ
- Maggie Sommers Gentile, MS, RD, LD, VP of Food & Nutrition Policy, National Restaurant Association
- Lynn Szybist, Team Leader, FDA Labeling Regulations Implementation Team
- Al Baroudi, Ph.D., CFS., VP, QA & Food Safety, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated