Supply Chain Management – Copacker, Global, Local Sourcing, Metrics
Despite the desire to “eat local”, not many are willing to give up strawberries in February or bananas any time of the year so the reality is that the food supply is global. Hear first-hand how to ensure you and your company are doing everything you can to protect your brand and your consumers whether it is fruits and veggies shipped to Vermont from California, beef from the Midwest, poultry from the Southeast or shrimp from Southeast Asia. From a “boots on the ground” approach to use of 3rd parties overseas approach, there is no one size fits all. Data is knowledge and elemental to ensuring consistency and safety.
- Our expert panel will share how they have approached the supply chain and the tools they use to protect their brands.
- Panel discussion that starts in the field (literally) or feedlot or farm that then touches every step along the way until it gets to the end user.
- Discussion of the 2 paths, Domestic from farm to fork and Imports.
- Sharon Beals, VP Food Safety and Quality Assurance, US Foods
- Sharon Birkett, VP Food Protection and Quality, OSI Group
- Rickette Collins, Strategic Supply Chain Director , McDonald’s Corporation
- Joel Radford, Manager, Food Safety, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Jennifer Raspaldo, Director of Quality, Materials, OSI Group