Using 2nd Party Audits for FSMA Compliance Successfully
Second party audits can play a role in FSMA compliance, both under Supplier Chain Management and FSVP, but only if certain criteria are met. While there has been plenty of focus on the use of accredited third party certification audits under GFSI, the nuances of second party audits have garnered little attention until now. This session will cover the range of second party audit options that are capable of meeting the requirements, including those that are internally managed and operated, as well as those that can be found on the open market.
- The session will start with discussions on the key components of a 2nd party audit program.
- Using ISO standards as a guideline, Industry Best Practices as well as FSMA compliance requirements for audit program management and implementation will be explained.
- Understand the role 2nd party audit program management must play, the procedures for maintaining audit content and documentation.
- Patricia Wester, President, PA Wester Consulting
- Robert Thrash, President, Process Management Consulting