Home Delivery - A growing market on the horizon which brings new challenges
Consumers are now purchasing groceries, ready-to-cook meal kits, and fully-prepared meal kits online for shipment to their house. As e-commerce for prepared foods and groceries continues to grow, it presents a new set of food safety challenges that need to be addressed by the companies in the marketplace, suppliers, and regulatory agencies. Hear about the regulatory rules that apply to food home delivery companies, the food safety challenges companies face with home delivery, and the tools and techniques that can be implemented to address the challenges in this delivery method.
- Gain an understanding of the current research that has been conducted on the food safety. challenges companies face with e-commerce.
- Explore the regulations that e-commerce home delivery companies must follow.
- Learn about several tools which help companies mitigate the risks they face.
- Glenda Lewis, M.S.P.H., Director, Retail Food Protection Staff, FDA
- Bill Hallman, Professor Department of Human Ecology, Rutgers University
- Cory Hedman, VP Corporate Food Safety, Meijer
- Meghan Cox, Senior Consultant, Deloitte & Touche LLP