How Strong Food Safety Systems Enable Food Rescue Programs to Reduce Food Waste
It is estimated that up to 40% of all food that is grown, processed and transported in the US is discarded. To increase food donations and reduce waste, strong food safety practices are critical. The discussion will include food safety in the charitable food supply chain, donations, new tax incentives and streamlining regulations.
- Understand how food safety supports food rescue above less desirable food recovery options.
- Provide education around successful food safety systems within the food rescue community.
- Update on new tax incentives and streamlining regulations to simplify donation across the food industry.
- Innovations in food waste prevention.
- Mitzi D. Baum, M.Sc., Managing Director of Food Safety, Feeding America
- Michael Cromwell, Attorney, Womble & Carlyle
- Becky Endean, R.S., Retail Quality Assurance Manager, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Tony Pupillo, Director of Foodservice & Convenience Stores, Feeding America