Responding to the Food Industry's 2 AM Call - Food Safety Crisis Communications Planning and the Use of Social Media
It doesn’t take much effort to find a daily food safety story in the media. From tainted flour to metal in sugar to salmonella-laden alfalfa sprouts, it feels like there are more and more food safety outages facing consumers and the food industry. This means food safety professional need to work with their communications teams to be ready with a response process and create a crisis management plan.
- Understand how to communicate with your public during a recall.
- Learn how to monitor all news, including social media, to be aware of what is being reported.
- Look at food safety communications from a retail, agriculture, regulatory and consumer nutrition perspective.
- Michael DeAngelis, Nutrition Director, Porter Novelli
- Anthony LaFauce, Vice President, Digital, Porter Novelli