Session 7: Are you overlooking physical hazards in your Hazard Analysis?
There are many aspects to food safety but the leading cause of consumer complaints relates to the discovery of foreign objects in food products. Although the number of occurrences is becoming less frequent, food manufacturers are well-advised to be vigilant and not overlook physical hazards that extend beyond metal detection. Today’s food safety management systems strive to identify and prevent hazards, rather than just simply react to the contaminant after it’s been identified.
- How to identify customer complaints, and where to find more data/not in RFR.
- Ways to measure the risk to prove it needs attention over other hazards.
- Ways to track performance/improvement/assess and/or audit these risks.
- Craig Henry, Ph.D. (Retired), VP of Business Development, Decernis LLC
- Patricia Wester, President, PA Wester Consulting
- Donna Schaffner, Associate Director, Food Safety, QA & Training, Rutgers Food Innovation Center